So far, I haven’t made any recipe with pesto. Outrageous, I know! Today I will change that. I have a great recipe for you guys and oh yeah it contains pesto! This recipe is one of my personal favourites. Easy, quick and delicious!
I came across this recipe online and the different flavours in it immediately spoke to me! The creamy pesto sauce gives the chicken a bit of extra flavour. The original recipe was oven-baked. Since that will take too much time, I fry the chicken first in a pan. It’s all about time management! What else? Now, I can simply grill everything a few minutes and there you go, a delicious meal in less than 15 minutes. Hopefully you enjoy it just as much as I do.
- Boil the pasta 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half, that way you have 4 thin slices of chicken breast. Now your chicken won’t take that much time to cook.
- Season with pepper and salt and fry the chicken for about 9 minutes. You can also add extra flavour by seasoning with chicken herbs.
- Cut the paprika in 6 flat pieces. Put these on the bottom of the oven scale.
- Put the chicken on top of the paprika pieces.
- Mix the mascarpone with the pesto.
- Smear a thick layer of the mascarpone mix on the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and pine nuts.
- Put the scale in the oven and grill 5 minutes.
- Serve with penne and fresh basil.
My timeframe: 14,46 minutes